The Hall of Fame Foundation is a non-profit organization operating for more than 20 years with the idea of preserving the history of high school sports. It makes several awards annually honoring individuals and teams,
including induction of athletes, coaches and/or contributors.
The purpose of the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame Foundation is to honor:
- Athletes for outstanding high school careers.
- Administrators, coaches, officials and community members who have made significant contributions to high school athletes.
- Athletes who have had a significant impact on their chosen field or in our society following completion of their high school careers.
- Establish a Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame facility that will preserve the rich heritage of Nebraska high school athletics and serve as a repository for all memorabilia acquired.
- Develop and implement programs and services consistent with the intent and purpose of the Hall of Fame.
ANNUAL AWARDS CEREMONY:
The Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame's annual awards program has become an "big hit" for more than
two decades when the year's inductees and award winners are brought together to be honored.
Other ceremony info available elsewhere on the site.
Tickets can be ordered by phone through the Nebraska Sports Council
402-471-2544 or by email:
See ticket order form
We are pleased the Nebraska Sports Council (which runs the Cornhusker State Games) has volunteered to handle the ticket sales for our awards banquet.
See their website:
NEWSLETTER: If you want to receive the Hall of Fame Newsletter, or wish to send an address correction for same, please contact Buck Mahoney, Sue Wilcoxson or Jerry Stine.
MEMBERSHIPS: Everybody is encouraged to become a member of the Hall of Fame. Keep up with our progress, receive newsletter and other mailings.