Back to Main Page <<<>>> Back to Inductees' List Hall of Fame Inductee -- 1995
Guy Chamberlin
Blue Springs

Athlete. Class of 1911--Perhaps Nebraska's all-time best football player judging by what he accomplished in college and professional football, Chamberlin was all-state in football in 1908, 1909 and 1910. He is in both the College Hall of Fame and the Pro Hall of Fame.

Chamberlin played professional football from 1919-1926 for such teams as the Canton, Ohio Bulldogs, Chicago Bears, and Philadelphia Yellow Jackets. During his football career, he played in about 160 games. In an 11-year period to time, his team lost only two games, and was undefeated in nine of these years. He was named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1962.  He played or coached for six pro championship teams in a seven-year period.  George Halas called him the greatest two-way end of all time.

Berlin Guy Chamberlin (1894-1967)State contribution: University of Nebraska football player, high school teacher-coach. National contribution: Professional football player, Professional Football Hall of Fame

Berlin Guy Chamberlin, outstanding Nebraska football player in l9l4-l5, was born in Blue Springs, Nebraska in 1894 and was graduated from the University of Nebraska in 1916. A football great, he played at Wesleyan University, Lincoln, and then played for the University of Nebraska with Coach E. O. Stiehm's "Stiehm Rollers." In 1915 he was named All-American end.

Chamberlin taught science and was a coach at the Lexington, Nebraska high school in 1916-17. He served in the United States Army from 1917 to 1919, and was athletic director at Camp Kearney, California from February through September, 1919.

Chamberlin returned to Blue Springs in 1932, where he became a farmer, stockman, and businessman. A well-known authority on football, he became a public speaker and radio broadcaster. The Guy Chamberlin athletic Scholarship was established in 1967 to be awarded each year to the outstanding Nebraska high school football player. Chamberlin died in Lincoln on April 4, 1967.